Thursday, July 1, 2010

Johnny Cash and Cookies

Yesterday was a really good day. I was coming down off a nice little "I was out till 2AM!!!" high (or that may have been simple sleep deprivation - the house comes online at 6AM regardless of whether mom was out carousing the previous night or not) so Roane and I just napped, listened to The Essential Johnny Cash and baked rockin' oatmeal raisin pecan cookies.

First off, the man was funny. The recording of "A Boy Named Sue" is a crack up. And there's actually a bleep or two in the album. I guess 1983 was prior to the parental advisory sticker that now graces every CD out there, so they had to actually bleep?

Second, if someone doesn't come get these cookies I will eat them all.

Third, and most importantly... the reason I was out till 2AM! My Fancy friend Nancy and I were there for the midnight showing of Eclipse, along with what appeared to be most of the females in Alameda. And some confused-looking guys.

Overall, I liked the movie. More action, more fighting, less kissing than the last one (not to mention an hour shorter). The giant Peet's coffee and two cucumber martinis beforehand helped.  And it really, really helped to have read all the books as well as the recent Bree Tanner novella.  And it also helps to make up some personal explanation to yourself as to why Bella is so, so special.  No, I'm not sharing mine.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Eclipse! I want to see it! Twilight will be my next book if I ever commit to finishing Wuthering Heights.

Post a Comment