You see, most of these early posts will touch on Roane because I'm with him nearly 24/7, and Aemon's in school Monday through Thursday. And Aemon sleeps all night, so I don't get that precious time (ahem) with him anymore - as I do with Roane.
And, Aemon got a pretty damn nice blog for the first year+ of his shiny little life. It's the wee one's turn.
So, Roane's pretty amazing. He'll be six months old on June 8th (gasp - so soon!) and has mastered the art of sitting up. Huzzah! No, seriously, that's important. Now the pictures are going to get so much cuter, you have no idea. He's also sampling a little rice cereal and pear. Next stop, sweet potatoes. He's a big, dare I say "husky", boy, and I think he'll take to solids like a bear to honey. Or, his brother to honey. Or his brother to bread. Or cupcakes. Tiramisu. Chocolate gelato. Pretty much anything chocolaty. Or bready.
In less domestic news, but still of course about the baby, I truly recognized Roane for the first time just last week. That's a pretty amazing moment, and unless it's happened to you with your own child I don't think it's possible to understand. There's this little being you've created from your body, and they're staring into your eyes and then WHAM -- suddenly there's a PERSON there, and you've known that person forever. And you love them more then any song or film or poem ever written could possibly put into words.
Sniff sniff.
FUNNY PICTURE TIME!
Behold Roane and his daddy:

Oh man. Good times. Whew.
0 comments:
Post a Comment