Time moves at a different speed in my house. I swear there's something fishy going on with the continuum hereabouts.
First, I could swear that I post blog entries more often then it appears I actually do.
Second, Aemon - who is 3.75 years old, not even 4 yet! - does not need my comfort AT ALL when being left with strangers for an entire day. Shouldn't he? He's not even officially pre-K. He's a LITTLE little boy.
I dropped him off at his new "big boy" school this morning, where he'll be - hopefully - until he starts kindergarten in Fall 2012. Fuzzy Caterpillar Preschool has 40 kids and 5 teachers and is a very happy, fun place (with a name like that, it better be. I mean, it's not called "Angry Stink Beetle Preschool".) He ran right in and started chatting up the teachers, then threw himself into the mix with some boys playing Lincoln Logs (one kid was building a house with a tiger in it - something about removed heads was mentioned. Aemon's going to fit right in.) I said goodbye was he was lining up for morning stretches. He was surprised that I was still there and didn't even glance my way as I backed out of the room. Sigh. "Don't let the door hit you in the rear, mom!"
His personality, and the fact that he's been in daycare since he was 4 months old, has created in him a heartbreaking independence. I can only imagine how difficult seeing him off to college will be.
Backing up a little bit, Christopher and Aemon went camping over the weekend! It was Aemon's first trip, and they met up with his BFF Eric and Eric's dad Aaron at China Camp State Park. Fun was had by all; the smores were delish, the dirt was awesome, and they had a Wildlife Encounter: a family of very happy raccoons busted into the cooler and stole ALL the eggs and bacon that were to have been breakfast. Clever critters.
Roane and I stayed home and had dinner with Eric's mom, Tara, and Eric's little brother Noah. It was sooooo peaceful, but I missed the guys.
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Not to worry. Eric gives me the same treatment at big boy school drop-off and there aren't even any kids there yet because he is the first one.
The teach is THAT cool and she let's him help deliver snacks to the other classrooms.
Post a Comment