Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shields failing, diagnostics offline, communications down

I'm running on basic life support systems currently (NONE of you can say you had no idea how deep the geek runs in this house).  I have bronchitis, possibly asthma (yes, a doctor confirmed this - I have a freaking INHALER now and am on antibiotics.) Aemon has a nasty cough, a runny nose, and an attitude you wouldn't believe. Roane has double ear infections (also on antibiotics) and a cold, and more teeth coming in.  Christopher doesn't get home till 6:30-7:00 during the week.  Oh, and Roane is up anywhere from hourly when he's sick to every 3 hours on a good night. And has been for all 8.5 of his months. I have not slept longer than 4 hours at a stretch since he was born (and that 4 hours was hard-won on the couch, with earplugs.)

I'm not whining. Yes, I am. I'm whining, venting, expelling, whatever. I'm just tired. 

Shifting into the positive, Christopher and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary last weekend with a night out Saturday for dinner (and amazing cocktails) at Flora in Oakland. Boyhowdee are they trying to polish up Uptown Oakland. It's coming along, but has a way to go.

Roane's growing up WAY too fast. He's zooming all over the place, and I predict will be walking by early October.

Aemon's also growing up WAY too fast. It's really hard to remember he's still only 3.  Still a baby!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If only there were a way to use the deflector dish and redirect some coherent tachyon antibiotics from the auxiliary supply...

Jen B said...

Oh honey... we really need a girl's weekend.

And asthma isn't all that bad. You get used to feeling like you're breathing with a cartoon anvil on your chest. Promise.

Sending you some goodnight moon wishes...

Post a Comment