Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Roane's Quote of the Week

"GlaaaAAAAhhhgieeeee AY."

I think it means "Mom, those $400 all-sequin harem pants in the new J.Crew catalog are awesome. You need them. And you need to rock them at Trader Joe's."

I'm watching one of those shows about people with unnaturally high numbers of children, and am feeling quite blessed at the moment. Though little girls are sure so DARN CUTE! And when they're 20, we can get together for coffee and rant. And when they're 30, we can polish of a bottle of wine together while watching a silly movie... (And then I remind myself of the story about the woman whose 8 big brothers gave her away at her wedding. She was the youngest. Her parents kept. On. Trying. For that girl.)

OK, the moment's passed.

I know I've said this before, but Roane is growing up so fast. He'll be 9 months old on September 8th - and is showing signs of being ready for more. More people, more variety, MORE. So I think I'm going to hire a babysitter to come take care of him a couple times a week so that one, he gets used to someone else, and two, I can (gulp) start The Dreaded Job Search. Yes, it's that time.  I don't expect to start working again till after the first of the year, but I'm pretty realistic about how long it's going to take me to find that 6-hour a day, 3-day a week, 6-figure a year position within 5 miles of my house. I best start looking now.

Here's a quick picture of my beautiful family to frost the blog home page up a little:

0 comments:

Post a Comment