On December 8th, 2009 at 8:45 PM we were in recovery. Or maybe you weren't even with me yet; maybe they were still washing, poking, prodding and examining you while I tried not to lose my mind. I'd finished my Christmas shopping long ago (certainly not so this year), the "nursery" was set up, thousands of tiny little cotton things were washed in unscented detergent and stowed away, the I'm Sorry You're Not the Only Prince Anymore guilt gifts were purchased for Aemon, and I was ready for you.
The next twelve months flowed by in a stream of delight, laughter, lazy days, broken sleep, and the bittersweet knowledge that every time I look you are the smallest and most attached to me that you will ever again be.
You are my cooperative, go-anywhere, jolly, sturdy, funny, analytical, thoughtful, confident, coordinated, happy HAPPY baby and I love you more than there are stars in the sky. Today I wish for you all the love you need in the world to continue to grow those wonderful traits. Happy Birthday, angel.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment